Indeed, no one of us has not heard of Instagram or social networks at least once. That is simple – Instagram is today one of the most popular social networks with a large user base. It is a fact that every marketer who wants to market their brand must not ignore.
If you are looking for a way to promote your products and services, share your brand, and invite your audience, Instagram is an ideal solution. You can reach your audience with Instagram ads without spending a lot of money. It is easy to precisely target the audience you are looking for and choose the amount of money to spend.
Businesses using Instagram to connect and build relationships with new customers are well-equipped for Instagram ads. But, if you make any of these Instagram advertising mistakes, your ads’ success can easily be jeopardized. But don’t worry. We will not only go over common Instagram advertising errors and problems that can often cause business failures, but we will also discuss how to correct them.
Learn about six mistakes marketers make when advertising on Instagram, and how to avoid them.
1. Targeting a broad audience
Marketers can make the most significant Instagram ad error by not being clear on who they are targeting. Marketers who aren’t clear about their target audience choose a comprehensive audience profile to advertise to. They end up spending more on ads that are not effective, as they are not targeted.
Before starting an Instagram advertising campaign, it is essential to identify your target audience. You can then use Instagram’s advanced audience targeting tools to create lookalike audiences that target your intended audience.
2. A lack of a clear goal
Setting objectives like “increase revenues” or “improve your business is OK.”, your ads will not help those big-picture goals if they don’t have more specific purposes. A specific goal is essential for effective advertising. This goal will guide the content and form of your ad. Some examples of goals are:
- Increase your website’s traffic;
- Your posts can drive user engagement;
- Increase awareness of your brand via the platform;
- App installations or sales increase;
- Most users won’t remember your ads. Avoid confusing messages in your Instagram ads.
3. A clear value proposition is essential
Your audience should know what it is. Focusing your ad message on your product or service is a great way to get your news across and make sure you clearly state that in your ad copy.
Include a call to action
Once you have captured their attention, tell them the next steps. CTA (call-to-action) is the key to advertising success.
4. The long-term benefits
It is natural to desire to see the results of your Instagram advertising purchases. Advertising on Instagram is only beneficial if used for a long time and does not limit your search to short-term gains. You will get the best out of Instagram marketing if you know its long-term benefits and plan your advertising accordingly.
Create your community
Advertising on Instagram has a lot of value because it allows you to establish a connection between your brand and other Instagram users. Your marketing strategy should include ads that aim to increase brand awareness and encourage user engagement. You will be able to position yourself as a trusted brand that your audience trusts, which will help you achieve long-term success.
It is essential to establish a trusting relationship with your audience. This can be done by using consistent branding throughout your online presence. Your branding should include both your visual identity as well as your copy. Images and text should be unified with a consistent voice.
5. You are not being tracked.
Analytics can be used to determine the performance of your ad campaigns regardless of how hard you work. You can either use the built-in analytics tools or third-party software to measure their performance. You can use unique tracking codes to take your performance analytics up a notch. These codes can be generated using UTM.io, which allows you to track each ad’s performance.
6. Only one type of Instagram Ad
Instagram is a popular image-sharing platform. Instagram marketers make the common mistake of using only still-image ads. Diversifying your ad offerings is a way to avoid this error.
Select the correct ad type
- Instagram ads can’t be interchangeable. Each has its advantages. Be sure to consider the role of each ad in your marketing strategy.
- Image ads are most effective when the subject is easily communicated in one compelling visual. This format is excellent for promoting one product or service.
- Video ads provide a deeper view of your brand or product. These ads are appropriate when you have more information than one image can convey.
- Stories ads provide an immersive experience that takes up the entire screen. This format is a great way to increase engagement.
- Carousel ads allow for more interaction with users and offer a variety of images or videos that can be swiped through. This format is suitable for campaigns that increase e-commerce sales due to the swipe-up call-to-action button or link.
- Explore Ads are found in the Explore Tab, where users can discover new content. Explore ads are a great way of building brand awareness.
- Collection ads can be an excellent choice for e-commerce campaigns as they let users buy products from the ads.
- Shopping ads and like collection advertisements allow users to purchase products from the ads. This format, however, takes the user to your mobile website and not an Instagram storefront.
- Reels ads provide content where sound is essential. Reels are different from most Instagram accounts, and you can count on Reels users to have their sound on.
Be done with common Instagram marketing errors. Here are some common Instagram ad errors and tips to avoid them. These tips will ensure that your ads have the best chance of moving your business forward.